Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 24) — Presumptive president Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is expected to announce more prospective candidates who will join his Cabinet, his spokesperson said on Tuesday.
“Now he is back again at working and talking to people and possibly interviewing potential nominees that will form part of his Cabinet,” Vic Rodriguez told a press briefing.
“Maybe by Friday we might come up with some names as his potential nominees who could be part of his governance,” he added.
Marcos has tapped several names for seven posts so far. Among them are his running mate and presumptive vice president Sara Duterte as secretary of the Department of Education and Rodriguez as his executive secretary.
Other names who will be part of the incoming administration include former Metropolitan Manila Development Authority chairperson Benhur Abalos for the Department of the Interior and Local Government; Cavite Rep. Jesus Crispin Remulla for the Department of Justice; and Susan Ople for the newly created Department of Migrant Workers.
Marcos also tapped former Cabinet members of previous administrations.
Bienvenido Laguesma, who served as secretary of the Department of Labor and Employment under former President Joseph Estrada, will again occupy the same post.
Arsenio Balisacan will return as head of the National Economic and Development Authority chief after serving under President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III.