Now, as part of my TechPinas Versus Social Media Toxicity Series, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to hide Instagram Likes and Views Count for the exact same purpose.
1. Launch Instagram app on your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone and log-in to your account.
2. Go to the Account tab where you see all of your IG posts.
3. Tap on the Menu Icon (Hamburger Icon) in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. On the pop-up menu, click on “Settings” as shown below.
5. Tap on the Search bar and type in “posts”.
6. In the Search Results, click on “Posts” — and you’re done!
7. On the next page, tick on “Hide Like and View Counts”.
According to Dr Adrian Meier, Assistant Professor of Communication Science at the Friedrich-Alexander University in Germany, “Social comparison is deeply ingrained in our psyche. We want to know how we’re doing compared to our peers.”
Whether you feel depressed when comparing your photos or when looking at your likes count on Instagram, know that TechPinas is here to help you in having a healthier social media presence. Share this article with your loved ones and together, let’s create a less toxic social media environment.