Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 27) — United States Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff will attend the inauguration of President-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on June 30 in Manila.
Emhoff, husband of US Vice President Kamala Harris, has been designated by US President Joe Biden on Monday to lead the delegation.
Other members of Biden’s delegation include:
– Heather Variava, Chargé d’Affaires, ad interim, U.S. Embassy Manila
– Bobby Scott, Chairman of the Committee on Education and Labor, United States Representative (D), Virginia
– Nani Coloretti, Deputy Director, Office of Management and Budget
– Admiral James “Sandy” A. Winnefeld, Jr. (Ret.), Former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
– Edgard Kagan, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for East Asia and Oceania, National Security Council
– Chantale Y. Wong, US Director of the Asian Development Bank
Marcos’ oathtaking will take place at the National Museum.